May 29, 2012

The Great Gatsby: Baz Luhrmann is doing it again.


Before Baz Lurhmann's name appeared in the above trailer, I knew The Great Gatsby was from the director of Moulin Rouge. Lurhmann's crazy use of colour and music immediately gave the game away. Apparently a lot of people still love Moulin Rouge because both my review of it and my posting of a video of "Come What May" continue to draw traffic to Musings by Starlight every day. Lurhmann hasn't done a lot since Moulin Rouge in 2001, so fans like me have been waiting on the edge of their seats for more magic from him.

Personally, I'm reading The Great Gatsby for the first time right now, so it was as very pleasant surprise to see such a crazy and fearless director take on the project. I have very high hopes, and higher expectations. Lurhmann had better just do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment